- Dr. Shaikh Abdulla bin Ahmed Al KhalifaChairman of Board of Trustees On 31 January 2017, Dr. Shaikh Abdulla bin Ahmed Al Khalifa was appointed Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the Bahrain Centre for Strategic, International and Energy Studies, in addition to serving as Undersecretary for International Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain, a post he has held since August 2015. Previously Shaikh Abdulla held the post of Director General for External Communications (2014) at the Information Affairs Authority, during which he played a pivotal role in drawing up and implementing a strategy for strengthening the country's national communications and public engagement. Prior to this Shaikh Abdulla served as a political advisor to the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council for Defense (2011) and as a Legal Specialist at the Bahrain Economic Development Board from 2007-2009. He also served as a Research Assistant with the Dean of Law Faculty at Queen Mary College, University of London from 2008-2009. In 2015, Shaikh Abdulla was awarded a PhD in International Relations and Diplomacy from the École des Hautes Études Internationales, France. In 2008, he earned a Master of Law (LLM) from Queen Mary College, University of London, UK, focusing on negotiation and mediation. He also holds a Diploma in Political Development (Honors) from the Bahrain Institute for Political Development, Bahrain 2007 and a Bachelor of Law (LLB) (Honours) from the Applied Science University, Jordan 2006. Shaikh Abdulla is an international expert in Mediation, accredited by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) in London where he participated in their training initiatives for international agencies and experts. He is also accredited as a Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming by the United States' National Federation of Neuro Linguistic Programming. Shaikh Abdulla has a passion for the arts and is proficient in Arabic, English and French. He has been Vice President of the Paris based, ‘French Bahraini Friendship Society’ since 2011 and a member of the Jordan-based ‘Arab Thought Forum’ since 2013. He is an advocate of cross-cultural public diplomacy and publishes papers in various fields on a regular basis. He enjoys scuba diving, chess and collecting antiques.
- Dr. Ahmed Hashim AlyushaaMember of the Board of Trustees Dr. Ahmed Hashim Alyushaa is the General Director of Research, Coordination and Follow-up at the Royal Court in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Dr. Alyushaa holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Hull, UK, an MSc in Economics from Glasgow University, UK and a BSc in Economics from Michigan State University, USA. Previously, Dr Alyushaa was a researcher with the Bahrain Center for Studies and Research, where he published research in the fields of monetary policy, labor markets and foreign trade. Dr. Alyushaa’s recent research interests have focused on the GCC monetary union and exchange rate policies; immigration and GCC labour markets and their impacts on skill and wage structures; the role of the state in GCC economies; and the political economy of Bahrain. Dr. Alyushaa had published in refereed journals in the fields of exchange rate policy, economic business cycles, the international monetary system, and currency crisis. He was the president of the Bahrain Economic Society and a founder and former president of the Gulf Economic Association.
- Prof.Waheeb Essa AlnaserMember of the Board of Trustees Prof. Alnaser has been Vice-President for Academic Programs and Graduate Studies since 2014 and a Professor of Physics since 1998 at the University of Bahrain. Previously he was Vice President for Planning and Development at the University (2010 – 2014) and has also held the posts of Dean of the College of Science (1997 – 2004), Dean of Scientific Research (1995 – 1997) as well as Chairman of the Department of Physics. Prof. Alnaser holds a PhD in Material Physics from the University of Kent at Canterbury, UK, MSc in Physical Methods of Analysis from University of Aston at Birmingham and a BSc in Physics from King Suad University. He was listed among the Leading Scientists in the Islamic World by COMSTEC, Pakistan at the Islamic Organization Conference. Prof. Alnaser also serves as Chairman for the National Accreditation Committee (two cycles), Chairman of the Arabic Section of the International Solar Energy Society, President of the Middle East Region of the International Energy Foundation, President of the Bahrain Astronomical Society, Chairman of the King Hamad Prize for Scientific Research in Agriculture, Member of the Technical Committee of the Peaceful Use of Nuclear Energy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bahrain and is a Member of the Isa Award for Service to Humanity in the Kingdom of Bahrain. He has received many awards, most recently a Special Award from the World Renewable Energy Network, UK in 2016, and has published numerous International referred scientific papers (more than 120) and books (about 40) as well as being an editor and referee for national and international scientific journals.
- Ambassador Tawfeeq AlmansoorMember of the Board of Trustees Ambassador Almansoor has held the post of Director of the Organizations Directorate at the Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2012. Previously he was the Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the United Nations in New York (2003 – 2011) and Ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain to Cuba (Non-Resident) from 2007 – 2011. Ambassador Almansoor has also held the posts of Ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Russian Federation (2001 - 2003), Advisor at the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain to Egypt and the Arab League (1999 – 2001) and First Secretary at the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the United Nations in New York (1995 – 1999). Prior to this Ambassador Almansoor was the First Secretary at the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the United States, Washington D.C (1990 – 1994) and Second Secretary at the Legal Directorate of the Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1981 – 1990). Ambassador Almansoor holds a Master’s in Government and Politics from St. Johns University, USA and a Bachelor’s in Law from Cairo University. He also has a High Diploma in International Law from St. John’s University, USA, a Certificate in International Law with UNITAR and a Certificate in International Law from the Hague Academy. Ambassador Almansoor is a Member of the National Committee for Climate Change and a Member of the National Commission for Childhood .
- Dr. Abdulrahman Abdul Hussain Jawahery
Member of the Board of TrusteesDr. Jawahery is the current President of Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company and he holds a Doctorate in Chemical Engineering from the London Southbank University, and a Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering from London, in addition to being a fellow of the British Institute of Chemical Engineers. Dr. Jawahery has served as a member of many corporate bodies, local and regional councils, and global universities. In Bahrain he has served as a Board Member for the Education & Training Quality Authority, a Member of the Council of Commissioners of the Bahrain National Institution for Human Rights, a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Bahrain Polytechnic, and appointed Member of the Bahrain Shura Council, from 2002 until 2014. Internationally Dr. Jawahery is a Board Member of the Arab Fertilizer Association (AFA) and he was selected as the Middle East Ambassador for the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH), UK and is currently a Board Member of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA). Dr. Jawahery is also Chairman of the Board of Directors for the International Fertilizers Industry Association (IFA), Lead Ambassador of the Robert W Campbell Award from the National Safety Council, US, Board Member of the Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board. Board Member of the National Safety Council, US (the first Arab national to be appointed in this position).
- Dr. Khalifa A. AlfadhelMember of the Board of Trustees Dr. Khalifa A. Alfadhel is an Assistant Professor of Public International Law in the University of Bahrain. He is a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Bahrain Institute for Political Development since 2015 and a member of the British Human Rights Lawyers Society, the Royal Society for Asian Affairs and the British Society for Middle Eastern Studies. He has represented the Bahraini civil society in numerous Human Rights conferences in Geneva and was previously elected Chairperson of the College of Law Society and Member of the University of Bahrain Student Council. Dr. Alfadhel holds a PhD in the Philosophy of Law and an LLM in International Law from the University of Leeds, UK, in addition to an LLB from the University of Bahrain. Dr. Alfadhel has published numerous articles about Bahraini and GCC current affairs in international media outlets, and his current academic interests are in the fields of contemporary political philosophy and international human rights. His recent publications include: The Right to Democracy in International Law: Between Substance, Procedure and the Philosophy of John Rawls (London: Routledge, 2017); ‘The GCC Human Rights Declaration: An Instrumentation of Cultural Relativism’ (2017) 31.1 Arab Law Quarterly 89-98; ‘The Privilege to Democracy in International Law’ (2016) 7.2 JPIL 1-9.