Loan of Materials
• Members must have a library card to check out materials.
• All materials are loaned for a three-week period (21 days).
• A maximum of 10 books may have a hold placed on them by any single card holder. Held items must be picked up within 5 days of notification by phone, e-mail, or SMS (text).
• Materials may be restricted to in-house use if deemed necessary.
• Most materials may be renewed twice if there are no holds on the item. Renewals may be done in person, by phone 17752734, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Items returned late are subject to fines.
• An overdue fine of BHD 0.100 per day is charged for each item borrowed.
Lost / Damaged Materials
• In some cases, when a member cannot find an item that is due, that item can be reported lost and the member will be charged for the replacement cost of the item plus the processing fee.
• A BHD 1.000 processing fee will be assessed for each lost or damaged item, in addition to the cost of the book.
• Members who have paid for lost or damaged items may keep the items. No refunds or credits will be issued.
• A notice is e-mailed to members one day before the item’s due date. A weekly notice is e-mailed to members automatically by the library’s circulation system when an item is overdue.
• If the item is subsequently returned, members will be responsible for the accrued fine.
• Printing and copying charges is BHD .025 per black and white page, and BHD .050 for a colored page.
• Replacement card/Lost card fee is BHD 1.000
Suspension of Borrowing Privileges
• Charges amounting to BHD 5.000 or more on any library card will result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
• Borrowing privileges will be suspended if the member has overdue materials (more than 45 days overdue).